Friday, March 15, 2013

Just like the movie Speed, but with a cupcake and no bus..and no one's in danger of dying or anything

This is my cupcake.




It is not "real food" in any sense.  It smells amazing, and is loaded with sugar and chocolate.   And booze.   It's an Irish Car Bomb Cupcake, and there is Guinness, Jameson and Bailey's in this here thing.  And it shall be mine after running the 5 mile St. Malachi Run tomorrow morning.

I first saw this cupcake last week at Grandma Campbell's stand at the West Side Market, and thought I NEED THIS. Oh yeah.  But I have to earn it first - I mean, I am in the middle of  weight loss contest  and all. Andy bought this little beauty for me today, and will have it at the finish line tomorrow as my reward.

I've been obsessed  talking about this cupcake since last week.  I 'm nervous about the  race because it's going to be cold, windy,  hilly and the weather forecast predicts 1-2 inches of snow may fall.  I hate all four of those things when I am running. So I definitely think a reward will be in order when I successfully complete my self-inflicted torture.

Andy and I have a playful marriage, and we're strange.   I just need to mention that first.

So....I've been talking about this race and this cupcake and my lofty goals with my husband.  I would LOVE to finish in under 60 minutes.  That would be good for me on a flat course with perfect conditions. Maintaining something under a 12 min/mile pace tomorrow might be impossible for me, but I'd love to go for it.

So my ever supportive husband is holding my precious cupcake hostage.

If I clock-in under 60 minutes, then she's all mine.

Come to Mama, you boozey sweet thang.

For every minute more it takes me,  Andy will take one nibble.  Of the cupcake.  Torturous!, silly, fun and motivating.

Andy's joking about the text messages he's going to send me during the race:

Get your ass moving! Or the cupcake gets it!

If you drop below 5mph, this cupcake blows up. What do you do? What do you do?! 
(because it is kind of like the movie Speed,  but with a cupcake, right?)


So tomorrow morning, there will be runners out there running for glory, personal satisfaction and charitable reasons, but I shall be running for the most important reason of all - a cupcake that can get me tipsy.  And I will do anything to keep that Snidely Whiplash of a husband from getting my cake. 


What's the point if you can't have fun, eh?

Post Race Report to Come!


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment