Monday, February 4, 2013

Unstuck!

Here's to getting un-stuck on this weight loss journey!

Today, I had the first weigh-in for the contest at the Jazzercise studio and I'm very happy to say that I am down 6.4 lbs!  Yay! 

I'm in a good place right now, and feel like I'm in the process of forming those last few good habits to carry me through for a lifetime.


Diet Jan 28-Feb 3

We continue  with our minimally processed diet, and it's going so well.  I really do not miss sugar, fast food, soda, white flour or white rice.  No one could possibly be more shocked by that statement than I am.

Andy is doing great and is down 18 lbs since January 1.  My honey is lookin' good! 

Last night, we attended a Super Bowl party.  Normally, that is one of the worst caloric/"non-real food" days for me.  Our friends have a party every year with amazing food, and our friend Michael is the World's Best Bartender/Accountant.   Super Bowl Sunday is usually a tasty diet disaster.

But I went to that party with a plan. A few hours before, I had a great 3 mile run in a ridiculously hot 77 degree gym.   It was awful. And wonderful as many runs are.   Afterwards I had some plain greek yogurt, a handful of almonds, and a small bowl of shredded wheat before leaving the house.   Despite all the normally tempting foods at the party, I really did not compelled to have any of it.  In the end, I had a small bowl of chili, 3 of the bacon wrapped jalapenos Andy made for the party (actually "real food" due to the ingredients he used), 3 small triangles of pita bread and 1/4 cup red pepper hummus, two small bites of dessert.  No alcohol consumed.  So, I cheated a little on the type of food I ate, but the quantity was fine and I had no desire for more.  That alone made me feel like I've turned a corner.

I had also promised myself that I would NOT snack on carbs/dairy/nuts this week, and would measure my portions.   I was successful with this, and it really showed on the scale.

Exercise Jan 28-Feb 3

Monday:  1 hr jazzercise class
Tuesday:  3 mile outdoor run
Wednesday: 1 hr jazzercise
Thursday: helped a friend walk/run Week 4 Day 1 of Couch to 5K program
Friday:  Nothin'
Saturday: 1 hour jazzercise
Sunday: 3 mile run on treadmill

A-hem...who's killing it in the gym?!  That's right - this woman! 

I really feel like jazzercising is making a big difference in my body.  The light weights and ab work done in class is much, much needed.  Andy claims that my butt is higher .  Well, he's sweet and likes to say things about butts so I'm not sure I put too much stock in it.  But secretly, I kind of think my butt *may be* a teensy weensy bit higher.  I'm 41 - an increase in elevation in any body part is pretty much a miracle. 

I just feel really good right now.  I am not doing anything drastically different.  I'm not hungry; I'm just making much better food choices. 

Every pound lost is one less pound I'm going to haul 26.2 miles at the Columbus Marathon.    That's a big motivation for me.  As is the $180 prize at the jazzercise studio.;-)









No comments:

Post a Comment